01.This is a Sam-focused hurt-comfort fic challenge, so Sam should be the one in the hurt/comforted role. Your prompts/fics may involve sick!Sam, hurt!Sam, angsty!Sam or anything else that results in Sam being on the receiving end of hurt/comfort. If you decide to whump other characters along the way, that is a bonus and no one will complain (or if they do, they’re wrong), but Sam should be the focus of the h/c.
02. Stories should be at least 2,000 words, but there's no maximum word requirement, so you can totally go nuts if you want. Longer stories are encouraged, and very much appreciated.
03. No WIPs, sorry. Stories should be complete and posted to the community all at once (with links to all chapters included.) If you decide to make sequels, that is awesome, but it will not count toward the challenge. If your story is a sequel to a pre-existing fic (it does happen) then it MUST stand on its own. Feel free to ping one of the mods if you have questions about this.
04. Get your stories beta'd! This isn’t an obligation, but betas are awesome! Please consider asking someone to beta your story. I have never once regretted it. :)
05. When writing your fic, respect the prompted details - genre/pairing, category, (ie: pre-series) etc. Moreover, please pay attention to any major squicks/dislikes your prompter may specify: if they’ve bothered to mention it, it means it’s important. Again, your mods are available for any questions or concerns you may have.
07. The regular posting guidelines we use at this community apply to this challenge. In addition, please put these two things somewhere in your header when posting your challenge fic to the comm:
· Written for the Sam-focused hurt/comfort fic challenge.
· Prompt: Whatever your prompt happens to be.
Note: If your prompt is very long, you may want to shorten it for posting purposes, or just link to the original prompt.
08. Please use this tag when posting your challenge fic to the comm, so as to help your beloved mods when they’re compiling the master list at the end of the challenge: &fic
If you don’t know how to tag your posts, go here.
09. Please post your fic or a link to your fic to ohsam before you post it to other communities.
10. If you're not going to be able to get your fic in by the deadline:
*Please contact a mod ASAP. This isn’t a fic exchange, so if you don’t end up completing your fic it isn’t as big of a deal as it might otherwise be, but we’d still like to know. That way we can either give you an extension, or else put the prompt back into circulation.
*If you end up posting far past the posting deadline, that’s okay too! Please use our &amnesty tag if you're posting after the deadline.
11.If you'd like to promote this, just copy and paste the code above into your journal!
Feel free to comment to this post with any questions you may have about the challenge, or contact one of the mods privately: ratherastory or mimblexwimble.
NOTE: This is not the prompting post. You will find that here
2nd through to November 8th.
9th through to December 2nd.
|Posting period||Anytime after you've claimed a prompt through to February|